Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Waving, Wishing Curriculum & Personal Connection!

I would like to share my ideas and findings with those who are interested. I would like to continue to search for sources and ideas that will continue to keep all children interested in reading, as well as learning. Callision said, "children can learn a great deal by themselves, with guidance, and they can learn a great deal from each other, with facilitation." Since this is also a personal connection, I plan to search for more resources for my son.

While completing this assignment, I struggled a great deal just to have time to finish it. So that was my weakness. As far as my strengths and challenges of the project, the topic itself was very important to me, as well as others. I was able to find many articles that touched on the same topic, which made it easy for me to find information. Next, I would like to interview male students in the classroom to find what interest them and what would they like to see in the school library.

Curriculum Connection:

1.For primary grades: children who are struggling to read would benefit from listening to books w/Cd's, audio books, or using a technology device that will read the story to them. This will also help them to answer questions about the story.

2. For Secondary grades: listening to an audio version of a play and/or story would benefit those students who don't like to read. Then having group discussions about the story and assessing the students from the discussion groups. Nevertheless, having them write a personal reflection that connects them with the story.

No comments: